Frequently Asked Questions
Please review the frequently asked questions below. If you don’t find the answer to your question, feel free to contact our coordinator via email, or set up a FREE discovery interview.
Scheduling & Visits
What Are The Restrictions On Virtual Doctor's Visits?
You may attend our virtual visits regardless of your location. We can also connect with you by phone or virtually using our secure video channel.
Clients have unlimited email contact with our team. However, if an email question or request is deemed by one of our staff to be too complicated or involved for a response via email they may, at their discretion, require that the member schedule a phone, telemedicine or in person visit instead of responding via email.
Scheduling & Cancellations
Please note that office hours are by appointment only. However, we understand that there is no way to predict the urgent health matters life may throw your way, so we make time in our schedule to accommodate same day and urgent appointments.
Please call before coming in, and set a realistic time so that you can make it on time. When requesting an appointment for an urgent matter, you should CALL the office at (217) 431-2010. Please do not email us for same-day appointments as we cannot guarantee you a timely response.
We will always do our best to accommodate you.
We strive to provide excellent care to all of our clients. In order to do so effectively and efficiently, our appointment system sets asides ample time for you. “No-shows”, and late cancellations inconvenience those individuals who need access to care in a timely manner.
We understand that changes occur and you may need to reschedule or cancel and appointment. We ask that you call us at your earliest convenience to notify us of any changes.
Billing & Insurance
We Are Not A Conventional Primary Care Physician
For many of our clients, we can take the place of a primary care physician. Because you can message us online during business hours, we are often able to take care of acute requests.
It is important to note the following however:
1. We do not fulfill an insurance company’s requirement for an in network primary care physician as we are not in-network with any insurance plan.
2. We are not available for same-day emergency appointments.
3. We do not have a 24-hour answering service and do not take calls on weekends. If you need to be seen urgently or have a medical emergency you would need to visit an ER or urgent care center.
We Do Not Bill Insurance Companies
The cost of any services provided by Pro-Active Wellness & Injury Centre which are not included in the episode of care fee will be billed to you directly.
Pro-Active Wellness & Injury Centre will not submit a medical claim to insurance on your behalf. We cannot assist you with claim resolution for our services.
We will provide you with a detailed billing summary that you may submit to your insurance for reimbursement. There may be procedures or lab tests that are not covered depending on your plan’s rules.
About Lab Tests
- Lab tests ordered by Pro-Active Wellness & Injury Centre will be paid directly to Pro-Active Wellness based on wholesale fees negotiated with LabCorp.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with a Pro-Active Wellness & Injury Centre doctor and may include blood saliva urine or stool testing.
- We will make every effort to make you fully aware of any additional lab fees that may be incurred.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing.
- Should any lab results indicate you may need further testing you will be directed to continue your care with your primary care physician or a relevant specialist, or should you choose you may continue to work with your Pro-Active Wellness & Injury Centre physician.
- At home test kits: If a lab test kit is mailed to you by Pro-Active Wellness, you will be charged the day the kit is mailed.